This may come as a surprise to you but I’m not exactly well versed in the world of getting haircuts.
Finding a good barber that’s well priced, does quality work consistently, and is available within a reasonable amount of time can be a rare find.
Thankfully many of my trusted friends have spent enough time in a number of barber shops in Calgary and have been kind of enough to help me find out about the best in the city.
Here’s the 5 Best Barber Shops In Calgary….
- 1st Ave Barber Shop
- If it’s good enough for a few of the Calgary Flames you know it has to be one of the best in the city. Located in the up and coming neighbourhood of Bridgeland. Ask for Taylor or Arey.
- Second Mile BarberShop
- Multiple sources have told me that Bless is the go-to barber here. He’s said to be a visionary when it comes to the art of men’s hair. Located in the Beltline area, this spot is worth checking out!
- London Barbers
- This one has somewhat of a vintage feel to it but caters to modern styles. With 3 locations throughout the inner-city, you have no shortage of options and shouldn’t have trouble booking a cut if you’re not fixed on one shop.
- Chrome Hair Design
- Find this barber shop in the heart of the Red Mile. My buddy Richard De Los Reyes is a talented stylist there that will make sure you walk out looking and feeling amazing with your new cut.
- Josh Taylor (403-869-2467)
- He was kind enough to share his personal cell number. He recently opened his own shop, Notorious Hair Group in Inglewood.. His extensive experience and keen eye will guarantee that your cut will be both on trend and suit your needs.
Bonus: Looking for a full-out experience to go with your haircut? Check out Cannibale in Bridgeland. This full service shop will take care of your grooming needs on one side and on you can grab dinner and old-school cocktails with buddies on the other.
I’ve made sure to create this list based on trustworthy sources so you can rest assured that these recommendations will lead to a great experience.
When choosing a haircut these barbers will take your face shape and the growth characteristics (direction, thickness, etc.) of your hair into consideration.
Check them out and let me know what you think. Though I love the way my shaved head looks (not to mention the amount of time it saves me from having to style it every day) it unfortunately holds me back from experiencing cool barber shops.
I’d love to hear about your experiences and if you feel like there was any shops that were missed please comment below so we can share it with other members of our community.
“If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. And if you play good, they pay good.”– Deion Sanders
If you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it for you and you would like help getting results in your personal and professional life click here to learn more about Image Consulting.